Sunday, December 7, 2008

Days full of nothing can be so fulfilling.

Huh? Yes, that's right.


We spent a day of doing absolutely nothing. Well, nothing other than whatever we wanted to do. No chores (other than general cleaning up after ourselves), no schedules, no rules, and no hair brushes. The Magpie did her homework this morning, the little Prince visited a buddy this afternoon, and I made jewelry, cooked, and cuddled with the goggie. It was beautiful.

My throat is also feeling so much better today. I still feel like someone is sitting on my chest but hot tea and a nice warm house is easing that strain. It's nice to eat real food again. See what I had for breakfast! Mmm... I don't much care for brewing a whole pot of coffee for just myself when Mr. B isn't home, but despite my best efforts, making half a pot just never works. So, even though I only had one cup an entire pot was made and my fingers fumbled for my Wicked mug. My tummy and my spirit are happy today.


Fast forward. It's now evening, the lasagna is in the oven, the kidlets are watching Home Alone, and I'm posting the fruit of my labours on Etsy. One of said accomplishments today was my "Love for Nie" bracelet and I have to say that I'm so pleased with how it turned out. It's almost exactly what I had imagined. Of course, I have a very vivid imagination and so in my head it was floofy and full and the bird could actually fly, but I think this is a pretty close second.
This one is a gift for Nie and will be mailed out to her tomorrow. Others will be made for anyone who would like their own family or friends photos and a portion of the proceeds will go to the Nie Recovery fund. See my listing on Etsy for more info.
Well, the lasagna is all bubbly and ready to come out of the oven so I'll be toddling off now. I think we'll eat, clean up the dishes, put in some laundry, and then do a whole lot more of nothing.



2 comments:

  1. the bracelet is beautiful!!! what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! I'm mailing it out to her today. I hope she likes it.

    ReplyDelete