Monday, November 24, 2008

Me, Mr. B, and My New Tape Dispenser

It's that day again. The day that Mr. B goes back to work. Those are the sad days. Once he's there and working and I get back into my routine with the kidlets, all is okay. It's that first hour or so that I spend in bed alone that is the most difficult to survive. But I always do, and so I did today as well.

All that being said, I'm pretty proud of the nom-noms that I sent him with this time. When he left this morning he had 25 meals all neatly packed away in individual containers and frozen to last the duration of his stay. Let's not also forget the bread. Apparently I'm famous for my bread at the hangar. <-- is that how you spell that?

Here's what Mr. B is surviving on for dinners until he's back under my care.

Beef Stew

Chicken & Dumplings
Lasagna

Sausage & Rice Cassarole

Homemade Bread

Fast forward through a horrible day at work. I'm home, the kidlets and I are fed, and the little magpie and I are making more jewelry to post on Etsy tomorrow. I call Mr. B to see how his day was and to update him on mine. Then it's off to the postal unit at the pharmacy to mail the orders that were sold yesterday and today. Suddenly, as if the angels were shining a beacon right down on something they new was created just for me, I saw this when we were leaving the store. Packing my orders was never as much fun as it's about to be!

Could it be any more perfect? I thought not.

Now it's time to extract the soggie froot loops from the bowl that the magpie left on the counter and get my behind to bed. One more sleep is one less day I have to wait for Mr. B to return home.

Sweet Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! Is that seriously a SHOE TAPE DISPENSER??? Where in the world did you find that and how can I get a bunch of them (I bet that would keep my husband from stealing my tape, lol).
    The food looks delicious and the bread is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a shoe tape dispenser and I ♥ it so much.

    I found it at a Rexall of all places. They had it way up on a shelf all by itself near the Christmas cards. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see them at any other stores as well.

    I've got lots of bread, come on over!

    ReplyDelete