Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A letter to Mr. B.

Dear Mr. B,

I thought you might be interested to know what happened to me today.

Today I learned to surrender. I know Cory Hart said to "Never Surrender" but as you know, I never much cared for him anyway. It's no secret that I quite often (some might say constantly) feel the need to be in complete control of situations and I discovered, or perhaps realized, that I don't need to always be in control. Sometimes, it's better to surrender.

I know, I know, you're saying, "whatchu talkin' 'bout baby?" Well, I had my massage therapy today and while I was in the chair I realized exactly why your massages are always better, even if they are shorter (much MUCH shorter) and you're not really trained all that well. No offense. ;) I realized that it's because I surrender to you. So, instead of clenching the armrest like the poor fellow was trying to kill me, I let go, relaxed, and actually got my money's worth this time. Mind you, I feel like I've been beaten with a hockey stick now, but I'll be heading to bed soon and the rest will fix that.

After I thought about it some more, I realized that I need to apply that same theory to many other parts of my life. I need to stop worrying about every little detail and just surrender to the moment. Take care of what needs to be taken care of, and enjoy everything else.

Now, all that being said I think I'll go "surrender" to a piece of cherry & chili chocolate.

I miss you. I'm counting the days until you come home.

Lovingly yours,

Mrs. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment