Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blowing the Dust Off

Isn't it bizarre how we tend to bend our lives around things that may be important, but aren't a priority?

Jobs are important.
Family is a priority.

Attendance at meetings is important.
Getting our work completed is a priority.

Eating is important.
Nourishing our bodies properly is a priority.

I could go on and on but I think this small little taste is enough for you to figure out where I'm going with this.

Yes, I am fully aware that life is a balancing act but isn't it so sad that the scale more often than not tips in favour of the important things rather than the priorities? Isn't it sad that most of us agree on what should be a priority but we still feel an overwhelming need to put them behind the important items? Isn't it sad that we're quite often pressured into reversing the ranks on such things? I think so.

I have examples that I could share, but there's really no point of reliving it. Afterall, that would just be tipping the scales again. Instead, I'm going to make an effort to be more attentive to the priorities. Afterall, this is a one way trip and regrets are a terrible thing. We so easily get caught up in trying to do it all and be it all that we neglect the very thing that we do "it all" for.

I can compare it to men who buy fancy cars and let them sit in their garages collecting dust. Keeping a car in good shape is important but using it for that which it was intended is a priority. I say blow the dust off and drive that SoB!

Remember the important things but don't let them overshadow the priorities. Here's to blowing the dust off and enjoying our big shiny lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment