Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There's no such thing...

...as too much Christmas!

I love Christmas EVERYTHING! I love the music, the lights, the tree, the decorations, the way (most) people tend to be excited and happy, Christmas movies, and I even love the *gulp* snow. Yes, I said it. I love snow... at Christmas time. As far as I'm concerned otherwise, it could go away on New Year's Day. However, the days leading up to Christmas just seem so much more magical with those big puffy flakes falling. Don't you agree? Yes, I know it's a pain for commuting and travelling but it's just not a proper Canadian Christmas (eastern, of course) without that beautiful, clean dump of the chilly white-stuff.

I just can't get enough of it all. I've been watching a show or movie each night, when possible, and I listen to carols for most of the day while I'm working away. I've also been decorating anything that doesn't have a pulse (I'm working on the things that do - it's tricky because they can run faster than my glue gun can heat up). Some of it looks nice, some of it is a little cheesy, but I don't care. I love it all! I'll try to remember to give you a sneek peek each day. Here's a few to start:

Even ugly top-hat lights can be transformed into a Holiday-fit chandelier!


Instead of an angel, I have a Krinkles Sugar Plum Fairy. A gift from my friend Betty 3 Christmases ago. (I have MANY Krinkles, I'll share more later)

We still haven't found a replacement for the f'ugly "builder's basic" light fixture but that's okay, it always looks better at Christmas!



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment