Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am thankful.

With autumn just around the corner, I have been thinking a great deal about all the things I like most about the fall. One of those things, of course, is Halloween but the other is Thanksgiving. That made me think about all of the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful because...

... I have clean air in my lungs and nutritious food in my belly.
... despite my lack of blogging about it, I have had a wonderful summer and will cap it off with a trip to New York City.
... I have a very loving and lovely family.
... although my life is seldom easy, it is always interesting and always good.
... my dogs are never embarrassed to show they love me and do so regardless of how terrible I look in the morning.
... Mr. B and I have somehow managed to raise good kids without making them hate us in the process.
... I have more than I need and have learned to recognize and appreciate that.
... although I don't really like my job, I have one and it allows us to have more than we need.
... the hula girl glued to my dashboard is always happy to see me.


... I have finally figured out how to Bluetooth pictures from my cell phone so I don't feel so technotarded. (photo evidence above)
... I have finally realized that losing weight is not just about getting the "old Marnie with cute clothes" back, it's about being healthy and that is keeping me motivated.
... I have the greatest friends a girl could ask for.
... even though I've been with Mr. B more than half of my life, he still finds me interesting enough to enjoy my company over anyone else's.
... I was not the producer of that smell in the ladies room today. I suspect they were in awful pain. ;)
... the timing of me leaving for work and my Dad passing by on his way to get his second coffee this morning was perfect and when he stopped we had a lovely chat about a trip he took to the nursery to find trees for me since I mentioned I'd like a few for the backyard the last time he came over.
... when he passed by after getting his first coffee that he didn't stop to talk to me about trees since I was putting my garbage out in my pyjamas.
... my dad can get coffee closer to home but chooses to come into town to Tim Hortons and to "make sure everything is alright" at my house.
... my car speakers are still good enough to make the bass from 99 Luftballons resonate in my chest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marnie!

    Now I feel technotarded cause I don't know how to Bluetooth pictures from my cell phone!

    Thanks for following me. Following ya back!

    LBM xxx

    ReplyDelete