Monday, May 18, 2009

Colour My World

Although Mr. B working away from home is difficult sometimes, I do find that while he's away I seem to be a little more productive in my domestic duties. When he's home, all I want to do is be stuck to him. Although he says he likes that, I suspect that he sometimes feels a little smothered and although he puts on a good show, I have further suspicions that he doesn't really enjoy talking about my latest jewelry design and Tomato Spice walls. It's nice that he humours me though. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I just swallowed a kitten.

One of the ways I've adjusted to Mr. B being away is focussing on getting as much work done as I can while he's gone. I try to ensure that all of the housework is caught up and my orders are packaged and mailed so that when he comes home, I have all the free time possible to spend with him, the kidlets, and the goggies.

Although I'm quickly running out of rooms, I've rather enjoyed painting while Mr. B is at work. On "homecoming" day, I'm like a little kid at Christmas waiting for her dad to open the macaroni covered pencil holder she made him at school. Unfortunately, most of the time I'm still at work when he gets home but then I just wait for the phone call or text message telling me he's found my latest work of art. (I use that term loosely because I couldn't paint or draw a picture to save my life - redecorating, sewing, and jewelry making are my outlets.) I never tell him which room is next or what colour I have in mind. It's always a surprise... usually even to me. I wait for it to hit me, then I toddle off to visit my paint guy. Although my need to control everything would suggest otherwise, I am quite often a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal. There are a few things in this life that I'm afraid of, thankfully colour is NOT one of them.

This was the last surprise awaiting Mr. B's return. It's called Earthen Ware but I prefer Tomato Spice. ;)


This is my Hawaii powder room. I have carved 50's style hula girls in here, an orchid, and photos of sea turtles taken in Hanauma Bay. I can't remember what the paint chip was titled but I call it Tropical Skies.

Hint for the next project: Outdoors.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. That living room just begs a person to sprawl out and take a nap. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete