Friday, December 5, 2008

Stop the merry-go-round, I want off!

Is it possible to love and hate something equally? I love being busy because I hate being bored. BUT, I hate being busy because then there's no time for anything else including getting well.

I've been sick. So sick. What started out as a wicked sore throat has evolved into this icky cold which keeps me sneezing and makes me feel like I'm breathing in sand. Eww. I haven't yet visited the ladies room to confirm this, but I feel like one of those crusty kids. You know what I'm talking about. You know when you see a group of kids at school or daycare and there's always one child with a nostril or two completely blocked with crusty nasal fluid. Dried Snot. I swear I've gone through an entire box of Kleenex in the past day, not because I actually have a drippy nose but rather because the sneezing is enough to make me "the crusty kid" and I'm determined to prevent that.

'Nuff 'bout that.

*atchoo!*

Mr. B is now on his way back to the hangar and so the kidlets and I are flying solo this weekend. Ha! That was funny, non? Non. Okay. I plan on loading myself with vitamins, green tea, and any other natural cold remedy I have on hand at home and I shall sleep until I have won this battle with the little buggies living in my perfectly warm, AB negative, ecosystem. Buggers be gone!

Then, when that's all done I shall get back to my table and create more treasures for my shop. I'm working on one very special piece that I hope will not only make one very lovely lady smile but also raise some funds to help with her recovery. It is a bracelet and it is called, "Love for Nie". In August of this year a world-class blogger, Stephanie Nielson (NieNie), and her beloved Mr. Nielson were in a plane crash that left them with critical burns. Miraculously, they survived but the recovery continues and the world has responded in an effort to help with prayers and fundraisers. I'm a citizen of that world. The prototype of this bracelet will be sent to Nie as a special gift from me but then reproductions will be sold with proceeds going to the recovery fund. It's not much, but it's something and I think we all need to reach out and do something for someone now and then... if not more often than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment