Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Say your prayers!

"Father forgive me for I have sinned..." Oh, if I had a nickel for every time I've said that, I'd be living in Hawaii eating pineapple and spending my days doing anything I so please. Well, if I had invested those nickels maybe.

I have a sudden new addiction. Making rosaries. I loved them them I was a child and I've found that I still love them. Moreso now that I'm making them and picking my own beads.

Here's my latest creation.

I cannot tell you how many times I fumbled my fingers over one of these when I was a child. I wasn't clever enough to tell the Father that I was a good girl. Noooo, I had to be precisely honest and tell him that I stuck my tongue out at the neighbour-boy and wouldn't go to the store for my mother. Then I'd have to say the rosary as penance. My rosary was made of dainty little pink pearls and I'm sure I don't still have them because I wore them down to nothing during my fervent repenting for my sins. ;)

Fast forward a quarter of a century *gulp* and now I have a fondness for them again and absolutely love making them. My Gran has a collection now as a result of my new addiction so it's time that I share them with someone else and so I'm listing them in my Etsy shop. I hope others like them as well.

Note to all you vampire slayers out there: I don't have them blessed before selling so please do not rely on them to save you from the creatures of the night. Tongue sticking? Maybe. Vampires? Attempt at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment