Sunday, September 20, 2009

I have been changed for good

There's this little song in the musical Wicked! that goes something like this:

"Who can say if I have been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good."


Think about that for a minute. I'm sure everyone has had special people in their lives who have changed them and couldn't imagine living without them. But this particular line made me think about those others as well. The ones that we all encounter and wish we hadn't. The ones we think our lives would have been better off without. Maybe that's true or maybe it isn't because although it might have been a very difficult experience, we were changed by it and learned from it. Maybe I just think too much.

The point is that there have been many people, both positive and negative that have passed through my life or are in it still that have changed me. There have also been many experiences that have also changed me in ways that I couldn't even imagine possible. Travel is one of those experiences. I have something from my trip to NYC that I'd like to share. Soon. In the meantime, think about what has changed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment