Friday, April 3, 2009

You like me!

You really like me! Well... maybe you don't but my friend Ellen does. She's given me a lemonade award. See!


She graciously gave me this award because she feels that I put forth a positive attitude and/or gratitude in my blog. I'd like to think I do both those things but it's a great feeling to know that someone else thinks that too. So, thank you Ellen!

I know that I need to pass this award on to someone else now but I have to admit that I'm still somewhat of a blog-virgin and so I hope I don't mess it up too badly. I nominate Jana from the The Meanest Mom. I have found a kindred spirit in reading her posts. She too feels that although the things we experience may not seem funny at the time, they often are and by writing about it, we can reflect, share, and laugh at ourselves.

What does this award mean to me? Sure, it's technically just a little jpeg that I added to my post but it's really so much more than that. First, it makes me smile that Ellen feels I'm worthy of it. That in itself is enough but if you've read any of my other posts, you know very well I won't let it end there.

No, there's more. Much more. The instant I typed in the title for today's post I started thinking, "Do I like me?" Internal investigation. Frightening process.

I won't bore you with the details of my personal interrogation but I will say that the results weren't as negative as they once would have been. Sigh of relief. However, I do have a bit of work to do... starting with my stoooopid hair. Baby steps. It's frizzy and out of control today. I hate the rain.

Today, my hair. Tomorrow, my soul.

to be continued...




1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! :)

    Good luck with the soul searching. And for the hair, try Infusium 23 Leave-in Conditioner spray. It changed my life!

    ReplyDelete